- 2022-04: I passed my Ph.D. thesis defense.
- 2021-10: QFaaS accepted on CoNEXT’21 as poster
- 2021-07: Awarded Terminal Year Cabell Fellowship
- 2021-05: I passed my Ph.D. thesis prospectus
- 2021-05: Formal Cellular Research accepted on MobiSys’21
- 2020-07: SecOption accepted on Sigcomm’20 as poster
- 2020-05: NFV Survey published on Internet Computing
- 2020-05: Won Outstanding Teaching Assistant award
- 2020-04: I officially became a Ph.D. candidate
- 2019-06: CellScope accepted on Sigcomm’19 as poster
- 2019-06: SDNKeeper published on Computer Networks
I completed my Ph.D. in the Computer Science Department at Northwestern University, advised by Prof. Yan Chen.
Research Interests: I have a broad interest in various aspects of cloud networks, networked systems, and network protocols. My current research focuses on network optimization of microservices, serverless based clouds. I am also working for introducing formal methods into network protocol verification.
Area: Network Protocols, Networked System, Cloud Networking
Designed and implemented an enterprise-wide radio situational awareness system.
It passively and continuously collects Wi-Fi and Bluetooth traffics, and analysis device activities by AutoML.
Now, I am still an amateur of independent game development. (Please visit flavedogame and have fun!)
- SoftRing: Taming the Reactive Model for Software Defined Networks
Chengchen Hu, Kaiyu Hou* (1st student author), Hao Li, Ruilong Wang, Peng Zheng, Peng Zhang, Huanzhao Wang
IEEE 25th International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), 2017.
Paper Slides IEEE Library
- Towards A Fast Packet Inspection over Compressed HTTP Traffic
Xiuwen Sun, Kaiyu Hou, Hao Li, Chengchen Hu
IEEE/ACM 25th International Symposium on Quality of Service (IWQoS), 2017.
Paper Slides IEEE Library
- Accelerate and Secure Serverless Networks with QUIC
Kaiyu Hou, Sen Lin, Yan Chen, Vinod Yegneswaran
International Conference on Emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT, Poster), 2021.
Paper Poster ACM Library
- State of the Art and Research Challenges in the Security Technologies of Network Function Virtualization
Xiaochun Wu, Kaiyu Hou, Xue Leng, Xing Li, Yinbo Yu, Bo Wu, Yan Chen
IEEE Internet Computing, 2020.
- A Lightweight Policy Enforcement System for Resource Protection and Management in the SDN-based Cloud
Xue Leng, Kaiyu Hou, Yan Chen, Kai Bu, Libin Song, You Li
Computer Networks, 2019.
- COIN: A fast packet inspection method over compressed traffic
Xiuwen Sun, Hao Li, Dan Zhao, Xingxing Lu, Kaiyu Hou, Chengchen Hu
Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 2019.